EMS Medical and/or Rescue Standbys
Any time you have a group of people gathered for an event, show, or festival, odds of a medical emergency increase. Washington County ?Johnson City EMS can provide EMS medical and rescue standby services for indoor or outdoor events of any size. Our teams of EMTs, paramedics, and Rescue Technicians can also provide medical and rescue services during motor sports events. We can supply one or more ambulance crews consisting of at the least a Paramedic and an EMT. At larger events where it may be difficult to get an ambulance to the scene, we have a Special Response Unit that is equipped to handle ALS emergencies including transport to the nearest ALS Ambulance.
Special Event Rates:
- ALS Ambulance Standby (1 Paramedic & 1 EMT) $ 100.00 / hr
- BLS Ambulance Standby (2 EMTs) $ 75.00 / hr
- Paramedic (1 Paramedic with no transport ability) $ 50.00 / hr
- EMT (1 EMT with no transport ability) $ 35.00 / hr
- Other Medical and/or Rescue Standbys may be scheduled at a contracted rate based on the need of the event and the requesting agency.
- Non-Dedicated Standbys with an zone unit may be provided at no charge based on the needs of the event and the requesting agency. Non-Dedicated standby units are subject to be called away for emergencies and may or may not be at the event the entire time.
In the event that a patient is transported by Ambulance to a Hospital, the patient is responsible for payment for those services. Neither the facility nor the event sponsor will be billed for transport services directly.
In the event your event is cancelled due to inclement weather, we require that you contact EMS at 423-975-5500 or 423-791-5663 a minimum of 2 hours prior to the scheduled event time. Failure to provide notification will result in you being billed a minimum of 2 hours. Cancellation of event or requested service with less than 48 hours notice, which is not due to inclement weather, for which WC-JC EMS incurred costs for either supplies or personnel, the SERVICE USER agrees to pay for actual time the EMS unit was dedicated (including travel) and/or for two hours of time, whichever is greater.
To request a standby please download and complete the following document (Standby Request Form). For questions regarding standby contact our office at 423-975-5500.