Washington County – Johnson City EMS is excited to announce we are currently hiring for 12 hour day and night primary 911 response ALS ambulance assignments, 10 hour convalescent assignments, as well as rescue assignments. If you are looking for an exciting carrier in prehospital emergency care with a progressive service that offers several scheduling options to meet your lifestyle WC-JC EMS is the place for you. With the conversion of our four busiest ALS units to 12 hour shifts you can now experience the fast pace of a progressive EMS system without the fatigue and burden 24 hour shifts put on you. If you are ready to make the move please complete the on-line application and someone will be in contact with you soon. If you would like some more information please call the office at 423-975-5500 any time M-F 8:00 to 4:30 and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
At Washington County / Johnson City EMS we are always accepting resumes and applications for employment. Whether you are a brand new EMT or a seasoned Paramedic, if you maintain yourself at a high standard we may be the service for you. We are a progressive service with very strong protocols and have a commitment to excellence.
- Competitive Wages
- Annual Longevity Bonus After your 3rd Consecutive Year
- Non-Contributory Tennessee State Retirement Program
- Sick Time, Vacation Time, and Paid Personal Days
- Twelve Paid Holidays A Year
- Quality Health Insurance At Low Rates. Prescription Card. (EMS pays a percentage of the cost)
- Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Short Term Disability Insurance Provided by WC/JC EMS
- $35,000 Life Insurance Policy Provided by WC/JC EMS
- Other benefits discuss during interviews
About WC/JC EMS
- Average Total Call Volume Per Year: 30,000
- 9 Front Line ALS Ambulances
- 8 Rescue Trucks
- 3 ALS Convalescent Units
- 4 BLS Convalescent Units
- 1 Power Truck – 12 hour shifts (Day and Night)
- We service a Level 1 Trauma Center
- Mission: Lifeline Award Recipient 3 Years
- Rescue Teams: Search and Rescue, Swift Water Rescue, Dive Rescue and Recovery
Any questions you may have can be directed to 423-975-5504
INTERNAL JOB POSTING
None at this time.
GENERAL JOB POSTING
Washington County – Johnson City EMS (WC/JC EMS) is seeking qualified applicants for the positions of Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) and Paramedic (EMT-P). C/JC EMS is a progressive Advance Life Support Service serving a combined urban and rural population of 125,546. WC/JC EMS provides excellence in pre-hospital care through a two-tiered response system utilizing first responder units from the EMS Rescue Division and our city Fire Department. Non-emergency needs of our community are handled through the convalescent division.
WC/JC EMS offers opportunities on 10, 12, and 24-hour shifts with openings on both primary ALS and Convalescent Ambulances. To view job description for AEMT click on AEMT Job Description and for the EMT-P click on Paramedic Job Description.
Interested applicants should complete the online applicant and attach their resume and a copy of their Drivers license, CPR Card, and current medical license.