The application period for the EMT-Basic program is now closed; thank you to those that applied.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Human Resources Manager
The Human Resource Manger shall be responsible for administering employee health, dental, vision insurance, pension and savings plans, working with insurance brokers, plan carriers, and retirement systems to assure the best coverage for the employees while maintaining fiscal responsibility to the budget.
- Serve as a liaison between the employee and insurance providers or health care providers should questions of eligibility arise.
- Develop schedule and do scheduling for for the service and work with daily supervisors to ensure adequate staffing.
- Advise managers and employees on state and federal employment regulations, collective agreements, benefit and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs.
- Ensure employee and employer compliance with federal and state laws to include reporting requirements.
- Evaluate job postings, determining classifications, exempt or non-exempt status, and salary.
- Prepare and distribute written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies
- Analyze compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing wage rates to develop competitive compensation plans.
- Process the corporate payroll as indicated by company policy for all full-time and part-time employees. Compute and pay miscellaneous payroll items such as longevity, final checks and sick time payouts.
- Maintain accurate accounting of vacation and sick time availability, usage and accrual rates as well as comp time for those that are eligible.
Training and Experience
An associate degree in business or human resource management is preferred but equivalent education and experience would be considered. Must have extensive knowledge local, state and federal regulations governing employment and employer responsibilities. Knowledge base can be through experience, education, or combination of both.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
This position requires critical thinking skills and the ability to use reason and logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. This position requires self-control, composure, and the ability to accept criticism. The person in this position must have the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally. The applicant must be able to work independently and have excellent organizational skills. The applicant must be reliable, honest, ethical, and must be able to gain the trust of the employees maintaining confidentiality of employee issues.
Complete Job Description can be found HERE.
Maintenance and Logistics Technician
The Maintenance Technician must be self-motivated and well versed in time management skills and must have a high school diploma or GED and considerable experience in building, construction or mechanical maintenance and repair work in various trades, one of which shall have been at the journeyman level; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Knowledge and experience in basic auto mechanics preferred. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine maintenance and repairs of the various EMS facilities, assisting the Fleet Manager with various vehicle maintenance tasks, and perform maintenance of the grounds and facilities. General knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and materials used in mechanical, construction or building maintenance and repair work; general knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions applicable to building and mechanical maintenance work; ability to interpret and work from sketches and penciled layouts; skill in the use and care of tools and equipment necessary to perform various building maintenance and repair tasks, including journeyman level skill in at least one trade, and reasonable facility in several related trades. Applicant must have a valid TN Drivers license. Complete Job Description can be found HERE.
The Rescue Technician serves as a primary first responder in the EMS system and lead rescue person on incidents. Rescue Technicians must be currently licensed as an Advanced EMT in the state of TN, and have current vehicle extrication training. Rescue Technicians must be self-motivated individuals with a desire to serve their community. Additional requirements post hire include Swiftwater Rescue Training, Technical Rope Rescue Training, and a hose of other specialized rescue skills. Complete Job Description can be found HERE.
Washington County – Johnson City EMS is currently hiring full-time EMTs, Advanced EMTs, and Paramedics, for the Convalescent Division
Washington County – Johnson City EMS (WC/JC EMS) is seeking qualified applicants for our Convalescent Transport Division. Applicants must have a minimum license level of EMT-Basic and be authorized to work as an emergency medical technician in Tennessee. Employees without a Tennessee emergency medical technician license must have the privilege to practice through the EMS Compact. For more information, visit the EMS Compact website.
Employees assigned to the Convalescent Transport Division work a four-on/three-off, 12-hour shift schedule. Shift start times range from 06:00 to 09:00 and most shifts fall between Monday and Friday. Employees who are scheduled to work on Saturday have a rotating schedule that provides them with every other weekend off. No convalescent shifts are scheduled on Sundays.
About Washington Co./Johnson City EMS
WC/JC EMS is a progressive Advance Life Support Service serving a combined urban and rural population of 136,172. WC/JC EMS provides excellence in pre-hospital care through a two-tiered response system utilizing first responder units from the EMS Rescue Division and our city Fire Department. Non-emergency needs of our community are handled through the convalescent division.
WC/JC EMS offers 12-hour shifts on our city based ambulance units and convalescent units and 24-hour shifts on our county based ambulances and rescue units. To view job description for AEMT click on AEMT Job Description, for the EMT-P click on Paramedic Job Description, and for Rescue Technician click on Rescue Technician Job Description.
Interested applicants should complete the online application below and attach their resume and a copy of their Drivers license, CPR Card, and current medical license.
Applications for shifts/positions that are not currently being hired for (as noted at the top of this page) will be held and reviewed when the preferred opening becomes available.
For further information call: 423-975-5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Washington County / Johnson City EMS we are always accepting resumes and applications for employment. Whether you are a brand new EMT or a seasoned Paramedic, if you maintain yourself at a high standard we may be the service for you. We are a progressive service with very strong protocols and have a commitment to excellence.
- Competitive Wages
- Annual Longevity bonus after your 3rd consecutive year, no cutoff for years of service.
- Non-Contributory enrollment in the Tennessee State Retirement Program
- Paid sick time, vacation time, and personal days
- Twelve paid holidays per year
- Quality Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance at low rates.
- Employee only premiums start at $25.00/pay period
- HRA plan - EMS pays a percentage of the cost
- Free vision insurance coverage with your enrollment in health insurance
- $4,000 deferral bonus for those that decline insurance enrollment
- Short Term Disability Insurance Provided by WC/JC EMS
- $35,000 Employee Life Insurance Policy Provided by WC/JC EMS
- Spouse and Child life insurance coverage also provided
- Other benefits discussed during interviews
About WC/JC EMS
- Average Total Call Volume Per Year: 32,000
- 9 Front Line ALS Ambulances
- 8 Rescue Trucks
- 3 ALS Convalescent Units
- 4 BLS Convalescent Units
- We service a Level 1 Trauma Center
- Multi-year recipient of the Mission: Lifeline Award
- Rescue Teams: Search and Rescue, Swift Water Rescue, Dive Rescue and Recovery
Any questions you may have can be directed to 423-975-5504