The application period for the EMT-Basic program is now closed; thank you to those that applied.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Washington County – Johnson City EMS is currently hiring full-time EMTs, Advanced EMTs, and Paramedics, for the Convalescent Division
Washington County – Johnson City EMS (WC/JC EMS) is seeking qualified applicants for our Convalescent Transport Division. Applicants must have a minimum license level of EMT-Basic and be authorized to work as an emergency medical technician in Tennessee. Employees without a Tennessee emergency medical technician license must have the privilege to practice through the EMS Compact. For more information, visit the EMS Compact website.
Employees assigned to the Convalescent Transport Division work a four-on/three-off, 12-hour shift schedule. Shift start times range from 06:00 to 09:00 and most shifts fall between Monday and Friday. Employees who are scheduled to work on Saturday have a rotating schedule that provides them with every other weekend off. No convalescent shifts are scheduled on Sundays.
About Washington Co./Johnson City EMS
WC/JC EMS is a progressive Advance Life Support Service serving a combined urban and rural population of 136,172. WC/JC EMS provides excellence in pre-hospital care through a two-tiered response system utilizing first responder units from the EMS Rescue Division and our city Fire Department. Non-emergency needs of our community are handled through the convalescent division.
WC/JC EMS offers 12-hour shifts on our city based ambulance units and convalescent units and 24-hour shifts on our county based ambulances and rescue units. To view job description for AEMT click on AEMT Job Description, for the EMT-P click on Paramedic Job Description, and for Rescue Technician click on Rescue Technician Job Description.
Interested applicants should complete the online application below and attach their resume and a copy of their Drivers license, CPR Card, and current medical license.
Applications for shifts/positions that are not currently being hired for (as noted at the top of this page) will be held and reviewed when the preferred opening becomes available.
For further information call: 423-975-5500 or email email@example.com
At Washington County / Johnson City EMS we are always accepting resumes and applications for employment. Whether you are a brand new EMT or a seasoned Paramedic, if you maintain yourself at a high standard we may be the service for you. We are a progressive service with very strong protocols and have a commitment to excellence.
- Competitive Wages
- Annual Longevity bonus after your 3rd consecutive year, no cutoff for years of service.
- Non-Contributory enrollment in the Tennessee State Retirement Program
- Paid sick time, vacation time, and personal days
- Twelve paid holidays per year
- Quality Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance at low rates.
- Employee only premiums start at $25.00/pay period
- HRA plan - EMS pays a percentage of the cost
- Free vision insurance coverage with your enrollment in health insurance
- $4,000 deferral bonus for those that decline insurance enrollment
- Short Term Disability Insurance Provided by WC/JC EMS
- $35,000 Employee Life Insurance Policy Provided by WC/JC EMS
- Spouse and Child life insurance coverage also provided
- Other benefits discussed during interviews
About WC/JC EMS
- Average Total Call Volume Per Year: 32,000
- 9 Front Line ALS Ambulances
- 8 Rescue Trucks
- 3 ALS Convalescent Units
- 4 BLS Convalescent Units
- We service a Level 1 Trauma Center
- Multi-year recipient of the Mission: Lifeline Award
- Rescue Teams: Search and Rescue, Swift Water Rescue, Dive Rescue and Recovery
Any questions you may have can be directed to 423-975-5504