Washington County Rescue Services is always accepting applications. We accept all volunteers; we prefer medically licensed: First Aid, EMR, EMT-B, AEMT, or Paramedic. In EMT school currently, WCRS is a great way to gain valuable hands-on experience while completing your licensing requirements. We also have many support personnel that assist us with both medical events, and specialty team missions. Our volunteers are able to complete ride time with Washington County-Johson City EMS, cover standby’s or events in and around Washington County-Johnson City.
In conjunction with Washington County- Johnson City EMS we are proud to offer the following classes:
– Basic and Advanced Vehicle Extrication
– Emergency Vehicle Driver Training
– Swiftwater Flood Rescue ( Operations and Tech level training)
– Rope Rescue ( Operations and Tech level training)
– Flood Boat Operator
– Various Search and Rescue courses and trainings
* This list is not all inclusive.
All new volunteers are placed on a six month to one-year probationary period. During this period, probationary members are allowed to do just about everything as a member would be allowed. Any specialty team classes: swifter, rope rescue, or dive cannot be taken until 1 year steady commitment to that team or approval by the specialty team leader and WCRS officers.
Interested in joining search and rescue, swiftwater or dive only? No problem! Since we are able to offer many choices to give back, when filling out your application simply mark your preferred team choices and your application will be given to that team leader for approval. No prior training is necessary to join any specialty teams.
We understand that our volunteers may have a primary job during the week or may be a student at a local university and have other responsibilities, therefore, our time requirements are easy to complete each year and schedules are sent out in advance. Time requirements can be completed by doing multiple things throughout the year, therefore as things come up we do our best to be flexible with our members on coverage of standby’s, events, and completing ride time. As long as you are dedicated to us and donating your time when possible, we are glad to have you helping.
Steps to Join-
1. Fill out application
2. Turn in at Station 1- 507 E. Main Street ( black box upstairs outside door) or turn in at EMS HQ on Wesley Street
3. Personnel Director will give you a call and setup a time for an interview prior to our bi-monthly business meeting.
4. Following your interview, you will need to attend the next business meeting in person in order to be voted in as a probationary member with WCRS.